Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Ghosts were people too.

One thing I think we sometimes forget is that ghosts were people at one point.

That means they probably weren't all the same.

Just like the living, there would be kind spirits, grumpy spirits, sarcastic spirits, mischievous spirits, quiet spirits, and maybe even a few that are terrifying. We tend to lump all ghosts into one category, but people have never been that simple. Why would the afterlife be any different?

I know the paranormal can be unsettling because there's still so much we don't understand. But sometimes it helps me to remember that, if I'm dealing with the spirit of a person, then I'm probably dealing with...well...a person.

Someone with a personality.

Someone with a sense of humor.

Someone who had good days and bad days.

Someone like you. Or me.

Most ghosts probably aren't going to come floating down your hallway with blood dripping from a mangled stump while moaning,

"My leg! Where's my missing leg?!"

I mean...

Unless they think it's hilarious.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We Are Born with Our Own Ghost Hunting Equipment

We are all born with our own ghost hunting equipment.  I don't mean we pop out of the womb with our very own EMF detector and REM pod (a...